Immigration Services

The law firm offers specialized employment-based immigration services to both companies and foreign nationals throughout the U.S. and abroad. With in-depth knowledge of the immigration laws and industry-specific experience in a wide range of industries, the firm is able to able to deliver consistent and successful solutions in a time efficient manner. Whether your organization is a multinational conglomerate or a small firm seeking to grow through foreign talent, our practice is committed to providing first-rate representation to meet your business and immigration needs.

To learn more about temporary and permanent employment-based immigration options, please visit the links below.

Family Immigration Law

If you are a U.S. citizen, a Green Card holder, a Refugee (admitted as refugee within the past 2 years) or an Asylee (granted asylum within the past 2 years) you may petition for relatives (or future relatives such as a fiancée or a prospective adopted child) to immigrate to the United States.

Immediate Relatives:

The INA definition of "immediate relative(s)" includes:

  • 1. Spouses of U.S. citizens
  • 2. Children (unmarried and under 21) of U.S. citizens
  • 3. Parents of U.S. citizens (The petitioning citizen must be 21 or older.)

For immediate relatives of U.S. citizens, visas are always available, which means that your family member does not need to wait in line for a visa. The foreign national spouses of U.S. citizens applying for green cards based on marriages to U.S. citizens face enhanced scrutiny. At the stage of the adjustment of status, the spouses will be interviewed by USCIS on the bona fides of their marriage. The interview usually lasts several hours and both spouses are questioned on their relationship. The officer must be satisfied that the couple did not enter into a "sham marriage" solely for the purpose of obtaining immigration benefits. The situation is the same for spouses who complete immigrant processing through consular processing, or at U.S. embassies and consulates abroad. They are also required to appear for an interview with a consular officer and the requirements are the same.

Preference Categories:

Preference categories apply to family members who are not immediate relatives. The visas alloted for these categories are subject to annual numerical limits. A visa becomes available to a preference category based on the priority date (the date the Form I-130 was filed). Preference categories are grouped as follows:

  • 1. First Preference: Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens (adult means 21 or older.)
  • 2. Second Preference (2A): Spouses of green card holders, unmarried children (under 21) of permanent resident
  • 3. Second Preference (2B): Unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents
  • 4. Third Preference: Married sons and daughters (any age) of U.S. citizens5.
  • 5. Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens

For current wait times, you need to refer to the U.S. Department of State "Visa Bulletin". This category takes much longer to obtain a visa. It is important to consult an experienced immigration attorney to discuss the different options that are available and develop an intermediary strategy to have these relatives in while their green card application is being processed. For an explanation of the preference system and visa bulletin, visit the following link: Visa Bulletin & Preference Categories.

Family of Refugees or Asylees:

If you entered the United States as a refugee within the past 2 years or were granted asylee status within the past 2 years, you may petition for your spouse and children (children who were unmarried and under 21 when you first applied for asylum or refugee status) to obtain derivative refugee or asylee status. Immigration law allows the alien spouse of a U.S. citizen and his or her minor children to be admitted to the United States as nonimmigrant while they are awaiting the adjudication of a Form I-130 Petition for Alien Relative. It also allows them to obtain employment authorization while they are waiting.

K-1 / Fiancé(e) visa:

This page provides information for U.S. citizens wishing to bring a foreign national fiancé(e) living abroad to the United States to marry (in the United States). If you plan to marry a foreign national outside the United States or your fiancé(e) is already residing legally in the United States, you do not need to file for a fiancé(e) visa. The U.S. citizen spouse will file Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e). Once the K-1 nonimmigrant visa/fiancé(e) visa is issued, the fiancé(e) is allowed to enter the U.S. and the marriage ceremony must take place within 90 days. After the marriage ceremony, the U.S. citizen spouse may apply for permanent residence and the fiancée) may remain in the U.S. while USCIS processes the application. A K-2 visa is available to the children of the fiancé(e) who are under 21 and unmarried. In addition, after admission, the fiancé(e) may immediately apply for permission to work in the U.S.

K-3 / K-4 Nonimmigrant Visa:

K-3 nonimmigrant visa is available for individuals who:

  • Are married to a U.S. citizen
  • Have a pending Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, filed by the U.S. citizen spouse on his or her behalf.

K-4 nonimmigrant visa is available for a child who:

  • Is unmarried, under 21, and the child of a qualified K-3 nonimmigrant visa applicant.

Our Services

Marriage to a U.S. Citizen

  • Help you prepare Form I-130 and I-485, prepare the documents to be included with your application and file your application.
  • Represent you at the USCIS intervier.
  • Discuss USCIS decision and discuss the different options.
  • Application for Removal of Condition after 2 years of conditional green card.
  • Naturalization/Citizenship Application and interview at USCIS

Our Services

k-1 Visa/Fiance Visa and k-3/k-4 Nonimmigrant Visa

  • Help prepare Form I-129F, I-130 and I-485.
  • Prepare you and your spouse before going to the USCIS or Embassy/Consulate interview.
  • Represent you at the USCIS interview.
  • Discuss USCIS decision and discuss the different options.
  • Application for Removal of Condition after 2 years of conditional green card.
  • Naturalization/Citizenship Application and interview at USCIS.

Citizenship and Naturalization

The law firm offers high-quality and affordable representation to U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents and their family members in the area of family-based immigration. Recognizing the importance of reuniting families, the firm works closely with clients to provide personalized services and alleviate anxiety which is inherent in the immigration process. Our practice is experienced in all areas of immigration law and thus is able to spot critical issues in complicated cases which may initially appear straightforward.

We provide family immigration services including:

  • Help client prepare and file FORM N-400, Application for naturalization, prepare supporting documents pack and prepare for naturalization interview.
  • Advice to legal residents on travel and work outside the U.S. and its impact on the naturalization process. Help obtain reentry permits when necessary.


The law firm is experienced in litigating removal and deportation cases before the Executive Office of Immigration Review and the Board of Immigration Appeals. In addition to aggressively defending clients against charges of removability, the firm offers representation for all forms of relief, including asylum and related benefits, waivers, cancellation of removal, INA §212(c) relief, and adjustment of status. The lawFirm has a profound understanding of the statutory and case law in the context of removal proceedings, which is often complex and changes frequently. This enables the firm to provide winning strategies for cases involving the most challenging and unfavorable fact patterns.

Immigration Law And Visa Firm provides family
immigration services including:

  • Asylum, preparation of case and filing at asylum office
  • Master hearing and individual hearing at immigration court
  • Waivers
  • Cancellation of removal